Subject: Re: [PATCH] prune: quiet ENOENT on missing directories

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 08:09:08 +0900

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

>>  	prune_packed_objects(show_only ? PRUNE_PACKED_DRY_RUN : 0);
>> -	remove_temporary_files(get_object_directory());
>>  	s = mkpathdup("%s/pack", get_object_directory());
>>  	remove_temporary_files(s);
>>  	free(s);
>
> I actually was hinting at making the remove_temporary_files()
> recurse, so that you do not need the separate invocation in pack/
> subdirectory.
>
> Or make 256 calls for each of the fan-out subdirectory, in which
> case the ENOENT silencing you did would really matter and shine.

But of course, neither is any part of this topic.  They are possible
follow-on works.

Thanks and sorry for making a confusing statement that could be
mistaken as "let's do this too", which wasn't what I meant.