Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] [OUTREACHY] t1002: modernize outdated conditional

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 11:57:47 -0700

Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]> writes:

> Nsengiyumva: you'll want to be careful to edit your pull request
> description on GitHub before running the "/submit" chatop. Your
> current description has a paste of your commit message followed by
> the contributing template. The pull request description becomes
> your cover letter (in the case of multiple patches) or a commentary
> section after the commit message (in this case of a single patch).
>
> The description is a good place to say things like "I started
> working on this because of a mailing list thread..." or "I'm not
> sure if I've tested everything enough".

Good advice.

> The "cc:" lines should _not_ be in the commit message at all, which
> is what's visible in the patch.

I agree that it would probably be better without CC: in the trailer
in this case.  Some projects seem to use the CC: in the trailer to
signal that these people have been notified, without implying
anything about their reaction (i.e. when the author cannot use
reviewed-by or acked-by).  We are not that large a community, so I
personally do not see a need to use such a trailer around here.  But
that is only a local convention in this project.

Thanks.