Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] git-prompt: make colourization consistent

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2022 13:45:27 -0700

Joakim Petersen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Your understanding is correct for the flow before the change I
> referenced (0ec7c23cdc6 (git-prompt: make upstream state
> indicator location consistent, 2022-02-27)), however, that commit
> changed the definition of $f and $gitstring to
>
> 	local f="$h$w$i$s$u$p"
> 	local gitstring="$c$b${f:+$z$f}${sparse}$r${upstream}"
>
> This makes it so $p is no longer immediately preceded by $r, but rather
> $u, which, like all the preceding variables, except $h, will be
> colourized if enabled.

Ah, OK.  With the above explanation, the change does make sense.
The mention of that commit does need to be in the proposed log
message, not under the three-dash line, as it is essential to
understand why the patch is not a no-op change.

Thanks.