Subject: Re: Mistakes in the stalled category?

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 15:49:08 -0800

Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> writes:

>> [Stalled]
>>
>> * ds/sparse-checkout-requires-per-worktree-config (2021-12-21) 5 commits
>>  . sparse-checkout: use repo_config_set_worktree_gently()
>>  . config: add repo_config_set_worktree_gently()
>>  . worktree: add upgrade_to_worktree_config()
>>  . config: make some helpers repo-aware
>>  . setup: use a repository when upgrading format
>>
>>  "git sparse-checkout" wants to work with per-worktree configration,
>>  but did not work well in a worktree attached to a bare repository.
>>  source: <[email-masked]>
>
> It has been two weeks since the last submission and emails about this
> topic, so maybe you put this one in "stalled" intentionally.  (If so,
> and Stolee if this really is stalled, would you like me to try
> updating?  I know it has expanded quite a bit from the early simple
> fix you were trying to provide, but you've got most the code I think
> you need and some important fixes I wouldn't want to see dropped.)

[Stalled] being early in the report is primarily a way to remind us
that an update is overdue.

<[email-masked]> is what prompted me
to consider that I can put it on backburner and spend my time on
other topics.

>> * pw/add-p-hunk-split-fix (2022-01-12) 2 commits

I think what happened was that the previous iteration of this was on
2021-12-20 and marked as "Expecting a reroll" for a few issues of
the "What's cooking" report.  And then I've moved it to [Stalled]
section, but before I had a chance to issue another "What's cooking"
report, an update came, and when I updated the list of commits, I
forgot to move the topic out of the [Stalled] category.

>> * gc/fetch-negotiate-only-early-return (2022-01-12) 3 commits

Likewise, the previous round was on 2021-12-21.