Subject: Re: [PATCH v6] [GSOC] cherry-pick: use better advice message

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 10:10:14 -0700

"ZheNing Hu via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

>           Mentored-by: Christian Couder <[email-masked]>
>      -    Mentored-by Hariom Verma <[email-masked]>:
>      +    Mentored-by Hariom Verma <[email-masked]>

I think you meant to move ':' not remove it.

> +		else if (opts->action == REPLAY_PICK)
> +			advise(_("Resolve all conflicts manually, mark them as resolved with\n"

Do we need to say "manually"?  Dropping the word would make the
message more concise.  Not repeating the word "resolve" by saying
something like "after resolving the conflicts, mark them with ..."
would probably be a much better phrasing, too.

> +				 "\"git add/rm <conflicted_files>\", then run\n"

<paths> (or <pathspec>) not <conflicted_files>; you can resolve many
files in a directory and give the pathspec to match the directory to
mark all the files in there as resolved.

> +				 "\"git cherry-pick --continue\".\n"
> +				 "You can instead skip this commit: run \"git cherry-pick --skip\".\n"

Inconsistent use of prose in the above and ": run" here.

        You can instead skip this commit with "git cherry-pick --skip"

> +		else if (opts->action == REPLAY_REVERT)

Likewise.

Thanks.