Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 1/4] credential-store: document the file format a bit more

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 11:15:15 -0700

Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón  <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
>
> Reading a malformed credential URL line and silently ignoring it
> does not mean ...

I'd reuse the one I've already queued as 272281ef (credential-store:
document the file format a bit more, 2020-04-27) for this step.

Thanks.

-- >8 --
Subject: [PATCH] credential-store: document the file format a bit more

Reading a malformed credential URL line and silently ignoring it
does not mean that we support empty lines and/or "# commented" lines
forever.  We should document it to avoid confusion.

Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-credential-store.txt | 4 ++++
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-credential-store.txt b/Documentation/git-credential-store.txt
index 693dd9d9d7..76b0798856 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-credential-store.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-credential-store.txt
@@ -94,6 +94,10 @@ stored on its own line as a URL like:
 https://user:[email-masked]
 ------------------------------
 
+No other kinds of lines (e.g. empty lines or comment lines) are
+allowed in the file, even though some may be silently ignored. Do
+not view or edit the file with editors.
+
 When Git needs authentication for a particular URL context,
 credential-store will consider that context a pattern to match against
 each entry in the credentials file.  If the protocol, hostname, and
-- 
2.26.2-266-ge870325ee8