Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fixed translation error in config.c file

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 07:01:50 -0700

Thiago Farina <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Alangi Derick <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> So what should the Title be? Please i am learning this community so i
>> have to make a lot of mistakes. Pardon me.
> Allow me to say something? Forgive me if it sounds rude, as it might sound.
>
> Git community is highly technical and is about developing and
> improving Git scm tool.
>
> To be honest, I think it is not a place to learn C or how to
> contribute to open source projects.

FWIW, I do not mind explaining things to new people. Teaching new
people is how you grow the community.

I however have finite time budget for that kind of activity, and it
annoys me when I see that an earlier suggestion was apparently not
read, and a question is asked when its answer is already in the
mailbox of who is asking it, e.g.

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/268484

in which I had to repeat what I said in:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/268335