Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/7] Improve git-pull test coverage

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 10:35:55 -0700

Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]> writes:

> Paul Tan <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Paul Tan (7):
>>   t5520: test pulling multiple branches into an empty repository
>>   t5520: implement tests for no merge candidates cases
>>   t5520: test for failure if index has unresolved entries
>>   t5520: test work tree fast-forward when fetch updates head
>>   t5520: test --rebase with multiple branches
>>   t5520: test --rebase failure on unborn branch with index
>>   t5521: test --dry-run does not make any changes
>
> I did a semi-thourough review of the whole series, it looks good to me.

Thanks. I did the same, and it looked OK.

One test was duplicated with jc/merge series and caused a textual
conflict, but that was nothing major.

I didn't like the grepping of error messages alone as a way to
diagnose the failure, though.  When we expect the pull to fail
without touching anything in the working tree, I'd prefer to see
that tested explicitly (e.g. "if pull mistakenly tried to go ahead
and touch this file that would be involved in the merge, its
contents would change---let's make sure that does not happen by
making sure the contents before and after are the same" kind of
thing).