Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.3.4

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 14:36:18 -0700

The latest maintenance release Git v2.3.4 is now available at the
usual places.  It is comprised of 22 non-merge commits since v2.3.3,
contributed by 9 people, 1 of which is a new face.  All these fixes
have already been in the 'master' branch for some time.

The tarballs are found at:

    https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/

The following public repositories all have a copy of the 'v2.3.4'
tag and the 'maint' branch that the tag points at:

  url = https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/git/git
  url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
  url = https://code.google.com/p/git-core/
  url = git://git.sourceforge.jp/gitroot/git-core/git.git
  url = git://git-core.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/git-core/git-core
  url = https://github.com/gitster/git

Karthik Nayak joined the Git development community as a new
contributor whose contributions weren't in v2.3.3.  Welcome.

Returning contributors who helped this release are as follows.
Thanks for your continued support.

  Alexander Kuleshov, Eric Sunshine, Junio C Hamano, Kyle J. McKay,
  Michael J Gruber, René Scharfe, SZEDER Gábor, and Torsten
  Bögershausen.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Git v2.3.4 Release Notes
========================

Fixes since v2.3.3
------------------

 * The 'color.status.unmerged' configuration was not described.

 * "git log --decorate" did not reset colors correctly around the
   branch names.

 * "git -C '' subcmd" refused to work in the current directory, unlike
   "cd ''" which silently behaves as a no-op.

 * "git imap-send" learned to optionally talk with an IMAP server via
   libcURL; because there is no other option when Git is built with
   NO_OPENSSL option, use that codepath by default under such
   configuration.

 * A workaround for certain build of GPG that triggered false breakage
   in a test has been added.

 * "git rebase -i" recently started to include the number of
   commits in the insn sheet to be processed, but on a platform
   that prepends leading whitespaces to "wc -l" output, the numbers
   are shown with extra whitespaces that aren't necessary.

 * We did not parse username followed by literal IPv6 address in SSH
   transport URLs, e.g. ssh://user@[2001:db8::1]:22/repo.git
   correctly.

Also contains typofixes, documentation updates and trivial code clean-ups.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Changes since v2.3.3 are as follows:

Alexander Kuleshov (1):
      git: make was_alias and done_help non-static

Eric Sunshine (2):
      rebase-interactive: suppress whitespace preceding item count
      rebase-interactive: re-word "item count" comment

Junio C Hamano (8):
      Documentation/config.txt: avoid unnecessary negation
      Documentation/config.txt: explain multi-valued variables once
      Documentation/config.txt: describe the structure first and then meaning
      Documentation/config.txt: have a separate "Values" section
      Documentation/config.txt: describe 'color' value type in the "Values" section
      Documentation/config.txt: simplify boolean description in the syntax section
      log --decorate: do not leak "commit" color into the next item
      Git 2.3.4

Karthik Nayak (1):
      git: treat "git -C '<path>'" as a no-op when <path> is empty

Kyle J. McKay (2):
      imap-send: use cURL automatically when NO_OPENSSL defined
      t7510: do not fail when gpg warns about insecure memory

Michael J Gruber (1):
      config,completion: add color.status.unmerged

René Scharfe (2):
      zlib: initialize git_zstream in git_deflate_init{,_gzip,_raw}
      use isxdigit() for checking if a character is a hexadecimal digit

SZEDER Gábor (2):
      completion: add a test for __git_remotes() helper function
      completion: simplify __git_remotes()

Torsten Bögershausen (3):
      connect.c: allow ssh://user@[2001:db8::1]/repo.git
      t5601: add more test cases for IPV6
      t5500: show user name and host in diag-url