Subject: Re: Introducing a test_create_repo_bare (was Re: [PATCHv2 6/6] t5543-atomic-push.sh: add basic tests for atomic pushes)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 09:06:28 -0800

Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> The issue is if some existing tests will be helped, if we had such a
>> helper.
>
> Since both bin-wrappers/git and test-lib.sh set GIT_TEMPLATE_DIR and
> templates/blt doesn't contain any enabled hooks, I don't see how such
> a helper would be useful.

Probably bin-wrappers/git has gained it after test_setup_repo
protected itself manually, and I obviously forgot about it. I agree
with your conclusion below, if test_create_repo has become a no-op
these days.  Thanks.

> If making things more consistent were worth the churn, then if
> anything it would make sense to make test_create_repo private to the
> setup code in test-lib.sh and to use plain 'git init <directory>' in
> tests.