Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] for-each-ref: introduce %C(...) for color

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 08:05:33 -0700

Ramkumar Ramachandra <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> Ramkumar Ramachandra <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> Enhance 'git for-each-ref' with color formatting options.  You can now
>>> use the following format in for-each-ref:
>>>
>>>   %C(green)%(refname:short)%C(reset)
>>
>> So far, every magic for-each-ref takes were of form %(...); was
>> there a reason why this had to be %C(...), not %(color=blah), or
>> something more in-line with the existing other magic?
>
> It is in-line with the color specification in pretty-formats. Would
> you strongly prefer something else?

This patch is about for-each-ref and your series does not seem to
aim to unify it in any way with pretty-formats, so I would have
expected an enhancement in line with the former, not the latter.