Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/5] git-add : Respect submodule ignore=all and only add changes with --force

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2026 14:05:51 -0800

Claus Schneider <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi
>
> I have implemented the --ignore option. I believe it is done. Please
> review it again for integration to 'next'.
>
> Best regards
> Claus Schneider

Sorry, but I am confused to see this follow-up to [v2 0/5], after I
saw at least two messages from you that said something like

    Thanks for feedback. Noted and will be fixed as this:

in review thread for the [v3].  I admit that "What's cooking" report
often has stale entries, but for this topic, I think its recent
editions reflect the latest status of this thread correctly.

* cs/add-skip-submodule-ignore-all (2026-01-13) 5 commits
 - Documentation: update add --force option + ignore=all config
 - tests: fix existing tests when add an ignore=all submodule
 - tests: t2206-add-submodule-ignored: ignore=all and add --force tests
 - read-cache: submodule add need --force given ignore=all configuration
 - read-cache: update add_files_to_cache take param ignored_too

 "git add <submodule>" has been taught to honor
 submodule.<name>.ignore that is set to "all" (and requires "git add
 -f" to override it).

 Expecting a reroll.
 cf. <[email-masked]>
 cf. <[email-masked]>
 source: <37fe[email-masked]>