Subject: Re: [PATCH] ci(*-leaks): skip the git-svn tests to save time

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2026 11:20:12 -0800

"Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
writes:

> However, testing git-svn in the leak-checking jobs provides minimal
> value: git-svn is implemented as a Perl script, and leak checking only
> handles C code. While git-svn does call into Git's built-in commands
> that are implemented in C, these are standard Git operations that are
> already thoroughly exercised elsewhere in the test suite. Therefore,
> running the git-svn tests in the leak-checking jobs only adds to the
> overall run time with little value in return.

Very nicely reasoned.  And the implementation of this idea is ...

> diff --git a/ci/lib.sh b/ci/lib.sh
> index f561884d40..a165c7f268 100755
> --- a/ci/lib.sh
> +++ b/ci/lib.sh
> @@ -356,6 +356,7 @@ linux-musl-meson)
>  	;;
>  linux-leaks|linux-reftable-leaks)
>  	export SANITIZE=leak
> +	export NO_SVN_TESTS=LetsSaveSomeTime
>  	;;

... surprisingly simple.  I very much like it.

Thanks.  Will queue.