Subject: Re: [Outreachy PATCH v4 1/2] gpg-interface: do not use misdesigned strbuf_split*()

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2025 09:26:45 -0700

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Reported-by: Junio Hamano <[email-masked]>
>> Helped-by: Christian Couder <[email-masked]>
>> Helped-by: Junio Hamano <[email-masked]>
>
> Nit: Junio reviews all the patches and adds his own "Signed-off-by:"
> to the patch that are accepted, so there is no need to also mention
> him in an "Helped-by:" trailer like this.

Just this point.

Somebody is later expected to sign-off on the patch has little to do
with who is on Helped-by: lines.  The provenance of whatever help by
others the author incorporated into the patch is covered by the
author's sign-off.  The sign-off I would give to this patch later is
only to certify that I received a signed-off patch and commited
verbatim, or with my own changes that can be shared under the same
DCO.

Not that I think the amount of help I gave is substantial enough to
deserve a "Helped-by" credit, though.

For everything else in your review, I would very much appreciate you
for helping the author of the patch.  Thanks.