Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/4] doc: git-pull: clarify DESCRIPTION section

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2025 13:36:20 -0700

"Julia Evans via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I got feedback from 15 Git users on the current git pull man page, using
> this tool: https://text-feedback.wizardzines.com/git-pull.
>
> My goals here are to be clear about the relationship between git pull and
> fetch/merge/rebase etc, make sure users know the current default for git
> pull (--ff-only) since some folks still remember the old default, and to
> help users quickly figure out what command they need to run to
> merge/rebase/squash/etc.
>
> I've taken a pretty aggressive approach because I think it's possible to
> have a pretty short and focused DESCRIPTION section here while keeping the
> most important info. Open to hearing that I've removed too much.
>
> This references the UPSTREAM BRANCHES section from
> https://lore.kernel.org/git/0ec6[email-masked]/
> , so if that isn't merged I'll need to revisit the approach here.

Looking good.  I have no more comments on this series at this
moment.

Shall I mark the topic for 'next' now?

Thanks.