Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] maintenance: fix launchctl calendar intervals

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2025 13:31:39 -0700

Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 4/21/2025 1:42 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> Josh Heinrichs <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>>> When using the launchctl scheduler, the weekly job runs daily, and the
>>> daily job runs on the first six days of each month. This appears to be
>>> due to specifying "Day" in the calendar intervals, which according to
>>> launchd.plist(5) is for specifying days of the month rather than days of
>>> the week. The behaviour of running a job on the 0th day is undocumented,
>>> but in my testing appears to be the same as not specifying "Day" in the
>>> calendar interval, in which case the job will run daily.
>>>
>>> Use "Weekday" in the calendar intervals, which is the correct way to
>>> schedule jobs to run on specific days of the week.
>
> Wow, good find! Thank you for submitting a fix for this issue.

Yes, good find indeed.  Tweaked in your Acked-by and will merge to
'next'.

Thanks, all.