Subject: Re: [PATCH v8] curl: resolve deprecated curl declarations

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 23:30:46 -0800

"Rose via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Published-As: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/releases/tag/pr-git-1435%2FAtariDreams%2Fcurl-v8
> Fetch-It-Via: git fetch https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git pr-git-1435/AtariDreams/curl-v8
> Pull-Request: https://github.com/git/git/pull/1435
>
> Range-diff vs v7:
>
>  1:  23094afb2e6 ! 1:  5e44592695e curl: resolve deprecated curl declarations
> ...

Please stop throwing in quick succession so many unsolicited
iterations of the same topic at the list, before waiting for reviews
from others.

I do not mean "after you sent an initial revision out, even if you
find problems in it, do not send updates in for a while".  I mean
"do not send out that initial revision out, before you spend enough
time reading it to find these problems in it you found in, like you
did in these previous topics."

In other words, reviewing your own patches to carefully find
mistakes and correcting them is VERY GOOD, but rather than doing so
in public, you can do so in private before sending the patches out
to polish them sufficiently so that you won't find more trivial
problems [*].  Prepare patches in private and pretend to be a more
perfect human with fewer trivial mistakes ;-).

    Note. And you shouldn't be offended by me saying "trivial"; they
    were found by yourself in a few minutes to a few hours after
    you sent out the previous iteration.

That way, you'd save yourself from public embarrassment and also
save reviewer time.

Thanks.

P.S. Doesn't Peff's 3-patch series already solve the same issue this
patch is trying to address?