Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/10] Generalize 'scalar diagnose' into 'git diagnose' and 'git bugreport --diagnose'

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 09:50:29 -0700

Victoria Dye <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is an interesting point and something I think users could plausibly run
> into. I can think of a few of ways to address that:
>
> 1. Do nothing, wait for feedback from users.
> 2. Create hidden option(s) '--report' and/or '--bugreport' in 'git diagnose'
>    that trigger a warning (or advice?) along the lines of "did you mean 'git
>    bugreport --diagnose'?" and exit with 'usage()'.
> 3. Create visible options '--report' and/or '--bugreport' in 'git diagnose'
>    that invoke 'git bugreport --diagnose'.
>
> I'm leaning towards option 2, but I'd also understand not wanting to clutter
> builtins with options it *doesn't* use for the sake of advising a user.

I was leaning towards option 1, actually ;-)

I'm offline today, so please expect no changes to the public
repositories.

Thanks.