Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] gitweb: switch to an XHTML5 DOCTYPE

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 15:09:39 -0700

"brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] gitweb: switch to an XHTML5 DOCTYPE
>> ...
>> > 2. mentions HTML5 like Bagas suggested.
>> 
>> So, is it XHTML5, or HTML5, we want to see on the title?
>
> It's XHTML 5.  Technically, it's the XML syntax of HTML 5, so I don't
> think we care much about the nit here.

I too don't care either way very much.

I just noticed the discrepancy between the title and the body, but
the mention of HTML5 is after the three-dash lines so nobody gets
hurt anyway ;-)

> We _could_ make this check for beginning of file, the XML declaration,
> and then the specified lines (e.g., with head(1)), but I don't really
> think that's necessary. We should be fine here for now, and if we decide
> we need that in the future, we can add it.  I'd be happy with this as it
> stands.

Yup, thanks for sanity checking.

Will queue.