Subject: Re: win+VS environment has "cut" but not "paste"?

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 09:05:13 -0800

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

> I said that the current output is only useful to veterans. The output that
> hides the detailed log, under a separate job that is marked as
> non-failing.
>
> That's still as true as when I said it. :-)

I think getting rid of the separate "print failures" CI step and
making it more discoverable how to reveal the details of failing
test step is a usability improvement.

I am not Ævar, but I think what was questioned was the improvement
justifies multi dozens of seconds extra waiting time, which is a
usability dis-improvement.  I do not have a good answer to that
question.

I am probably nearing to be a veteran who knows when to brew my tea
in my work cycle, and waiting for an extra minute or two while
browsing CI output is not a problem for me.

But new "non-veteran" users may not share that.  That is something a
bit worrying about the new UI.

Thanks.