Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] help.c: help.autocorrect=prompt waits for user action

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 11:20:40 -0700

"Azeem Bande-Ali via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> @@ -618,7 +628,17 @@ const char *help_unknown_cmd(const char *cmd)
>  				   _("Continuing under the assumption that "
>  				     "you meant '%s'."),
>  				   assumed);
> -		else {
> +		else if (autocorrect == AUTOCORRECT_PROMPT) {
> +			char* answer;

Some people seem to make an asterisk stick to types like this, but
in our codebase written in C, an asterisk sticks to the identifier
that it makes into a pointer, i.e.

			char *answer;

This is because doing so differently would confuse novices with
constructs like this:

			int* a, b;

where only 'a' is a pointer, and 'b' is not.

> +			struct strbuf msg = STRBUF_INIT;
> +			strbuf_addf(&msg, _("Run '%s' instead? (y/N)"),
> +				    assumed);

I think these should be kept on a single line for readability, i.e.

			strbuf_addf(&msg, _("Run '%s' instead? (y/N)"), assumed);

as I see a fairly long line after this block already.

	fprintf_ln(stderr, _("git: '%s' is not a git command. See 'git --help'."), cmd);

Other than these cosmetic bits, this round looks good to me,
including the documentation update.

Thanks.