Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-p4: fix failed submit by skip non-text data files

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 17:52:37 -0700

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

>> ... IIRC the diff there is solely for
>> the submit template, so it should only include text. That your patch
>> ensures in what seems an idiomatic way.

This is a crucial piece of information lacking in the proposed
commit log message that would help readers understand why this is a
safe change.  An updated patch with a better log message would be
appreciated.

> Thank you for reviewing and chiming in.
>
>> Signed-off-by: Simon Hausmann <[email-masked]>
>
> The typical way to record your review is to say `Reviewed-by:`. The
> `Signed-off-by:` footer is usually used to indicate that you wrote the
> patch, or that you shepherd it onto the Git mailing list.

Yes to both.

It is unusual to see "reviewed-by" from those whose names do not
appear even once in output of "git shortlog --no-merges git-p4.py"
on a patch that touches "git-p4.py", but this is a fringe area
(compared to the more core-ish part of the system) where people
touch to scratch their own itch without staying around for a long
haul, so it is understandable that we do not always have resident
experts in the area.  A review like this is highly appreciated.

Thanks, all.