Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jun 2021, #06; Thu, 17)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 16:18:23 +0900

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hmm. I'm not sure if that's a good resolution here. I do think many
> people were positive in moving in that direction. If there's a
> contributor that people have trouble working with, I'm OK giving up on
> possible contributions they could make, even adaptations of their work.
>
> But if by working in an area they poison it for others (because there's
> no desire to work with them, but no desire to step on their toes) that
> doesn't seem like a workable long-term strategy.

You may lick a corner of a piece of cake and think that it would
repel other people enough to leave only you to consider eating it,
but no, in this project, you aren't allowed to lick a Makefile and
claim that you own it.  Also, if some contributors get too annoying
to be worth our time interacting with, it is OK to ignore them.

> I don't think this topic is particularly urgent, so I'm OK to drop it
> for now (and as always, it's your choice what you work on). But I'm
> worried about the general precedent / principle.