Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/4] Check .gitmodules when using packfile URIs

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 19:31:04 -0800

Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]> writes:

>> This seems to have been stalled but I think it would be a better
>> approach to use a custom callback for error reporting, suggested by
>> Ævar, which would be where his fsck API clean-up topic would lead
>> to.
>> 
>> If it is not ultra-urgent, perhaps you can retract the ones that are
>> queued right now, work with Ævar to finish the error-callback work
>> and rebuild this topic on top of it?  Thanks.
>
> OK - that works. My original idea was to rewrite it using an
> error-callback but using starts_with() instead of the ID that Ævar's
> work will provide, but seeing that at least one other contributor (Peff)
> seems OK with the patches, rebasing mine on top of his works too. I'll
> also take a look at his patches.

Thanks, either way would work for me, but if the suggested route
forces you review Ævar's code and work together, that would be a
good bonus point ;-)