Subject: Re: [PATCH v8 3/3] branch: add worktree info on verbose output

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 11:12:14 +0900

Nickolai Belakovski <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 4:59 AM Jeff King <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 05:31:23PM +0900, [email-masked] wrote:
>>
>> > From: Nickolai Belakovski <[email-masked]>
>> >
>> > To display worktree path for refs checked out in a linked worktree
>>
>> This would be a good place to describe why this is useful. :)
>>
>> I do not have an opinion myself. Patch 2 makes a lot of sense to me, but
>> I don't know if people would like this one or not. I don't use "-v"
>> myself, though, so what do I know. :)
> I threw this one in because I thought it wouldn't be clear to the
> average user why some
> branches are in cyan. By putting the worktree path in cyan on the next
> level of output
> I thought this would help the user make the connection, but actually I
> don't have strong
> feelings about this one.

I am moderately skeptical on 2/3, but together with 3/3 I think it
makes sense.

The fact that two branch names painted in different colors from the
other ones, without knowing which one is checked out in what
worktree, will not give enough information to allow the user to
actually start working on one of them.  All the user gets with 2/3
alone is "don't touch it---it is used elsewhere and I am not telling
where", isn't it?