Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 19/29] packed-backend: new module for handling packed references

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 14:20:14 -0700

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 09:01:37AM +0200, Michael Haggerty wrote:
>
>> Now that the interface between `files_ref_store` and
>> `packed_ref_store` is relatively narrow, move the latter into a new
>> module, "refs/packed-backend.h" and "refs/packed-backend.c". It still
>> doesn't quite implement the `ref_store` interface, but it will soon.
>> 
>> This commit moves code around and adjusts its visibility, but doesn't
>> change anything.
>
> Looks good. Stefan will be happy to know that I used --color-moved to
> look at it. ;)

This patch shows OK, but when applied to other changes in the
series, e.g. "packed_ref_store: make class into a subclass of
`ref_store`", it was somewhat irritating that all new blank lines
are shown as a copy-move of a single deleted blank line (also a
single "return refs" in an entirely new function being a copy/move
looked confusing).