Subject: Re: [PATCH v1 1/1] send-mail: add client certificate options

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2026 08:41:25 -0800

David Timber <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm just trying to expose what's possible with the Perl SSL interface to
> the user as much as possible. Paranoid people(like me who would want to
> set up mtual vertification to deter bot attacks) would want both PEM and
> PKCS12 because major implementations including Thunderbird and K-9 only
> accept PKCS#12(imposed by the application and imposed by the operating
> system - Android, respectively) while the openssl x509 stack is more
> suited for PEM(separate cert and key).
>
> It's a niche, I know. But something tells me that you'd want to push
> this feature forward. Thank you for the rest of the comments. Will come
> back with the revised patch that I hope may unconfuse you. Good to know
> the project is in good hands.

OK, please incorporate what you explained here in the commit log
message and/or in-code comment, in order to help future readers of
"git log -p".  I'd prefer to see it done before the topic goes out
of my short-term memory ;-)

Thanks.