Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 06/15] ivec: create a vector type that is interoperable between C and Rust

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2025 22:40:18 -0700

Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > +#include "../git-compat-util.h"
>>
>> As we use -I. on the command line, there is no need to add "../"
>> here; just writing
>>
>>         #include <git-compat-util.h>
>>
>> should be enough.  Also, if this file does not depend on the
>> services compat-util header provides (and I do not think it does
>> from a brief look at its contents), it is better not to include it.
>
> Should this rather be
>
>    #include "git-compat-util.h"

I meant <>; when "" included header is not found, it falls back as
if it were <> included, IIRC, so writing <> when you specify exactly
where your headers are with -I. avoids such unnecessary fallback in
theory, but as both <> and "" search for implementation-defined
places, the distinction does not make much practical difference.

> Still, our current project practice appears to be double quotes; is
> that fine here or are you suggesting you'd like the current project
> practice to be changed?

It would be nice if we could do so, but I do not think it is worth
the patch churn.