Subject: Re: [PATCH] doc: fix typo

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2025 10:51:10 -0800

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> You should probably rebase your commit on the latest `master` as the
> file has since been renamed to "git-send-email.adoc".

This looks like a 'maint' worthy material, though.

Downporting with cherry-pick should be able to deal with the rename,
but queuing with the old name on an older maintenance track and
upmerging should be cleaner, so .txt is fine in this case.

Not that I plan to do Git 2.48.2 anytime soon, so either way it does
not really matter, though ;-)

Thanks for a review.

>> diff --git a/Documentation/git-send-email.txt b/Documentation/git-send-email.txt
>> index bc3ef45acb..d762058907 100644
>> --- a/Documentation/git-send-email.txt
>> +++ b/Documentation/git-send-email.txt
>> @@ -389,7 +389,7 @@ Automating
>>  +
>>  Default is the value of `sendemail.suppressCc` configuration value; if
>>  that is unspecified, default to 'self' if --suppress-from is
>> -specified, as well as 'body' if --no-signed-off-cc is specified.
>> +specified, as well as 'body' if --no-signed-off-by-cc is specified.
>
> The change itself looks obviously correct to me, thanks!
>
> Patrick