Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jan 2025, #06; Wed, 22)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2025 05:51:33 -0800

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> But I have a feeling it is just putting the same on
>> both of us as we see the same CI failures and poke at them
>> independently.
>
> Certainly true.
>
>> I dunno. I'll try it for a while and see how it goes.

After seeing a few of your messages that begin with "Coverity
complains ...", I appreciate them a lot.  Earlier I was naively
hoping that triage-and-hand-off-to-original-author would be much
less work but no, we very much need to somehow find a way to push
the triaging part to individual topic authors or this thing will not
scale.

Perhaps I can control the rate of topics that trickle into 'jch'
from 'seen' to keep them a bit more manageable somehow?  

If an iffy topic that begins its life in 'seen' gets rerolled number
of times while there, but after the final reroll before getting
merged to 'jch' (because it was marked as "Will merge to 'next'?" or
better in the What's cooking draft), it never gets rerolled until it
hits 'next', then your workload would not change compared to the
days back when you built yours on 'next'.

Of course, the question then becomes "who will vet these topics so
that they do not need a big reroll before it hits 'jch'?", and we
are back to square one?

So, I dunno.

Thanks.