Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Dec 2024, #03; Sun, 8)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2024 08:53:15 +0900

Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
>> * jt/fix-fattening-promisor-fetch (2024-12-04) 4 commits
>>  - index-pack: work around false positive use of uninitialized variable
>>  - index-pack --promisor: also check commits' trees
>>  - index-pack --promisor: don't check blobs
>>  - index-pack --promisor: dedup before checking links
>> 
>>  Fix performance regression of a recent "fatten promisor pack with
>>  local objects" protection against an unwanted gc.
>> 
>>  Need to squash the fix-up at the tip.
>>  source: <[email-masked]>
>
> I just replied [1] to what I believe is the last outstanding question,
> so I don't think there is any code change needed besides the squashing
> of the fix-up (as you said). If you could squash it locally (onto
> "index-pack --promisor: dedup before checking links") that would be
> great; if not let me know and I'll send an updated version.

Thanks, will (try to remember to) do ;-)

There is nothing in the code that needs to be fixed, but we help
compilers so that they can help us.  Let's merge it down to 'next'
after squashing it in.