Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 5/8] SubmittingPatches: discuss reviewers first

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2024 17:36:38 -0700

Eric Sunshine <[email-masked]> writes:

>> +Do not forget to add trailers such as `Acked-by:`, `Reviewed-by:` and
>> +`Tested-by:` lines as necessary to credit people who helped your
>> +patch, and "cc:" them when sending such a final version for inclusion.
>
> Again, not a new problem introduced by this patch, but it seems like
> all of these are actively wrong. In every case, these trailers are
> _given_ by reviewers _after_ a series has been submitted (thus, too
> late for the author to add them), ...

Well, this is another instance that I may be trying to be too
helpful and over extending myself, which does not make the process
scale well (the other one being the "one final resend after the
list reached a consensus").

If the authors collect Acks and Reviewed-by's and resend after the
list reached the concensus, it may take one extra iteration, but I
no longer have to keep track of these trailers myself, which could
be a big win.

So, I dunno.