Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/4] completion: reflog with implicit "show"

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 11:22:12 -0800

Rubén Justo <[email-masked]> writes:

> I am happy with the current iteration and I still think that mixing
> branch names with options is a source of confusion.
>
> However, this topic in the latest 'What's cooking' is marked with:
>
>  Expecting a reroll.
>  cf. <[email-masked]>
>  source: <[email-masked]>
>
> I am confused about what the expectation is.

Expectation is to show both possible commands and branch names
available so that users with enough typing can pick from either, as
I do see it even more confusing if only branch names (or only
command names) are visible sometimes (namely, if the prefix is
shared by both) but some other times command names (or branch names)
are completed just fine (namely, if the prefix is unique to only one
set of names between command names and branch names).