Subject: Re: [PATCH] fetch: add new config option fetch.all

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2024 10:29:07 -0800

Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> writes:

>> +cat > expect << EOF
>
> This should be `cat >expect <<-\EOF` (without the space between the
> redirect and heredoc, as well as indicating that the heredoc does not
> need any shell expansions).

I noticed the same but I refrained from commenting on them ;-)

The original already is littered with style violations of this kind
(aka "old style").  If we were writing the tests in this file today,
we would also move the preparation of "expect" inside the
test_expect_success block that uses the expected output file.

If we do a style fix of the existing tests in this file as a
preliminary clean-up before the main patch that adds fetch.all and
its tests, that would be great.  But for an initial step, I think it
is OK to have a single step patch that imitates the existing ones.
Perhaps after the initial review, it can become a two-patch series
to do so.

Thanks.