Subject: Re: [RFC] New configuration option "diff.statNameWidth"

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 16:02:40 -0700

Dragan Simic <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 2023-09-03 05:43, Dragan Simic wrote:
>> On 2023-09-03 00:16, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>>> Having said all the above, once we start seeing the actual patches
>>> and its sales pitch (aka proposed commit log message), we do guide
>>> and help polishing the patch into a better shape, so it will not
>>> be like the contributor has to work in the dark without knowing
>>> what level of bar their contribution has to pass.
>> Thanks, everything sounds great and welcoming to the new
>> contributors,
>> who of course need to be willing to put in the required amount of
>> skill and effort.
>
> I sent a patch to the git mailing list today, about five hours ago,
> but it hasn't appeared on the list yet.  Could something be wrong with
> the mail server(s), as I also received no other messages from the list
> in the last six hours or so?

It is a high-volume mailing list server and occasional hiccup is
part of regular life.  Waiting a bit and then poking the postmater
at vger.kernel.org may be needed from time to time, but I am seeing
your message on the archive, so it seems "waiting" has worked fine?