Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/1] t/lib-rebase: (mostly) cosmetic improvements to set_fake_editor()

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 16:57:24 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

>> no, this cover letter was a messup on my side, caused by a lack of
>> attention and still suboptimal tooling. this was meant to be an update
>> to just this one commit, while keeping the other two intact.
>
> I see.  It is a bit too late for today's integration cycle to
> resurrect the other two I have discarded, because I have other
> things to do including the -rc1 release engineering, but I can
> easily go back to the list archive.

Now I did, so instead of queuing this as a replacement of the three,
one of the three from the earlier has been replaced with this, and
the push-out of tomorrow will have them in 'seen'.

This piece-meal replacement may break threading on the mailing list
but if we ever need v3 and later for this topic, we will see the
entire set resent (hopefully), so the problem will correct itself.
Also if everybody is happy with all three patches, we may not need
v3 ;-)

Thanks.