Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] credential/wincred: store password_expiry_utc

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 12:19:35 -0700

"M Hickford via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: M Hickford <[email-masked]>
>
> This attribute is important when storing OAuth credentials which may
> expire after as little as one hour. See
> https://github.com/git/git/commit/d208bfdfef97a1e8fb746763b5057e0ad91e283b

Readers do not have to visit GitHub at all, and proposed log message
shouldn't force them to.  Refer to an existing commit in this
project like so instead:

    ... as one hour.  d208bfdf (credential: new attribute
    password_expiry_utc, 2023-02-18) added support for this
    attribute in general so that individual credential backend like
    wincred can use it.

>     Help wanted from a Windows user to test. I tried testing on Linux with
>     Wine after cross-compiling [1] but Wine has incomplete support for
>     wincred.h [2]. To test:

I cannot be one to help testing but ...

> @@ -292,7 +313,7 @@ int main(int argc, char *argv[])
>  	    "usage: git credential-wincred <get|store|erase>\n";
>  
>  	if (!argv[1])
> -		die(usage);
> +		die("%s", usage);

... this is a nice one.  Logically it may belong to a separate
topic, but it is small and obvious enough that it is OK to do as a
"while at it" clean-up.