Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 3/3] add -p: ignore dirty submodules

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 09:17:13 -0700

"Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
writes:

> From: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
>
> Thanks to alwyas running `diff-index` and `diff-files` with the

"always".

I notice that this round (like the previous one, v3) is made not to
apply on 'maint'.  As I said in the earlier review, in general I
prefer to fork a bugfix topic out of 'maint' unless there is a
strong reason not to.

It is a different matter if all these bugfix topics are actually
merged down to 'maint' and tagged a new maintenance release by me.
But I'd prefer to make it easier for motivated distro packagers to
adopt fixes that proves good in our 'master' front to their maint
releases, and it would be much easier to just merge a topic based on
'maint' than having to cherry-pick a topic based on 'master'.

Thanks.