Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] ci: make failure to find perforce more user friendly

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 16:58:27 -0700

Carlo Arenas <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 3:23 PM Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> So, how about replacing it with something like this?
>
> Agree 100%.
>
> It would theoretically make the issue raised by Ævar of not knowing
> when perforce was skipped slightly worse
> but getting that fixed would seem like something that could be done in
> a follow up.
>
> I have to also admit, with all the on the fly changes to these same
> files, it might be wiser to wait until later anyway.

Actually, I was thinking about taking these two (possibly with
Ævar's "download with https://, we are in 21st century" change to
make them 3-patch series) and fast-tracking.

The homebrew specific "packagers can take a bit of time to catch up
and we may see hash mismatch" and other tweaks Ævar has can come on
top once we see the basic "any parts of tests can fail and the rest
can still be tested, why does it have to be world-stopping if we
fail to install p4?" working.

Thanks.