Subject: Re: [PATCH 03/13] init: unconditionally create the "info" directory

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 17:58:04 -0800

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 20 2021, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> It seems as though you're saying that any fixes or changes in this area
>>> would be incomplete without moving us towards the most pedantic and
>>> minimalist interpretation possible when doing a "git init", is that
>>> right?
>>
>> Not at all.  Belt and suspenders is a good way forward.  I am just
>> saying that on-demand creation is more important than the other one.
>
> So you do agree that we should create .git/info whatever the template
> says (as this series does), or not?

Probably "should" is too strong a word.  

I do not mind "mkdir -p" existing, but I think it is more important
to spend our engineering effort to make sure there are necessary
on-demand creation of leading paths.