Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 00/11] test-lib.sh: new test_commit args, simplification & fixes

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 16:23:59 +0900

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason  <[email-masked]> writes:

> Changes since v4: Only a commit message change/re-wording per
> <[email-masked]>.
>
> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason (11):
>   test-lib: bring $remove_trash out of retirement
>   test-lib tests: remove dead GIT_TEST_FRAMEWORK_SELFTEST variable
>   test-lib-functions: reword "test_commit --append" docs
>   test-lib-functions: document test_commit --no-tag
>   test-lib functions: add an --annotated option to "test_commit"
>   describe tests: convert setup to use test_commit
>   test-lib functions: add --printf option to test_commit
>   submodule tests: use symbolic-ref --short to discover branch name
>   test-lib: reformat argument list in test_create_repo()
>   test-lib: do not show advice about init.defaultBranch under --verbose
>   test-lib: split up and deprecate test_create_repo()

I wasn't paying much attention to this series, and didn't look at
the last step at all (as I saw somebody else is already deeply
biting into it), but the earlier parts looked good to me.

It was painful to come back to the pile of topics after a week's
interruption, though.  While juggling ~50 topics, it is unfair to
expect the maintainer to remember that a topic that is still going
through iterations are depended on two other topics in flight (it is
easier for contributors, who will be juggling far fewer number of
topics at one time).

But I think I've sorted out the duplicates caused by forgetting that
I had to rebase ab/pickaxe-pcre2 and ab/describe-tests-fix on top of
this topic.  Will be pushing out the result of today's integration
sometime this evening, which is far from complete as I am still in
the "catch up with what happened during my absense" mode.

Thanks.