Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jun 2017, #06; Thu, 22)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 22:28:07 -0700

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 22 2017, Junio C. Hamano jotted:
>
>> * sd/branch-copy (2017-06-18) 3 commits
>>  - branch: add a --copy (-c) option to go with --move (-m)
>>  - branch: add test for -m renaming multiple config sections
>>  - config: create a function to format section headers
>>
>>  "git branch" learned "-c/-C" to create and switch to a new branch
>>  by copying an existing one.
>>
>>  Has a bit of interaction with two other topics, so perhaps needs to
>>  wait for them to stabilize a bit more.
>
> What topics are those? Didn't see any outright conflicts, but might have
> missed something. Anything Sahil & I can help with?

Sorry, I write these and then forget the details because I have to
tend to many other topics all the time X-<.  Perhaps attempting the
merge to 'pu' yourself will tell you more?

>> * ab/sha1dc (2017-06-07) 2 commits
>> ...
>>  Will keep in 'pu'.
>>  Impact to the various build and release infrastructure of using
>>  submodule is not yet fully known, but this lets us dip our toes.
> ...
> But it's been 1 month kicking around in pu now. What are we gaining from
> keeping it there even longer at this point?

Keeping as many things outside 'next' means I have less things I
have to worry about ;-)

I am sort of waiting for a success from Windows box at Travis.  It
hasn't passed for other reasons for a while, though.

>> * xz/send-email-batch-size (2017-05-23) 1 commit
>>  - send-email: --batch-size to work around some SMTP server limit
>>
>>  "git send-email" learned to overcome some SMTP server limitation
>>  that does not allow many pieces of e-mails to be sent over a single
>>  session.
>>
>>  Waiting for response.
>>  cf. <[email-masked]>
>
> I think between <[email-masked]>
> & <20170523103050.1f7ab7e0@jvn> we have sufficient info about what bug
> this solves to try an alternate approach at some other time.

I thought your wish (which I found reasonable) was to record
whatever information that would help us in the future in the log
message?  I was waiting for that to happen.