Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/4] rebase: test ack

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 11:30:26 -0700

"Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 09:54:47AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> "Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 08:13:27AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> >> "Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]> writes:
>> >> 
>> >> > Just to clarify I can post v2 of 4/4 without reposting 1-3 since they
>> >> > are queued?
>> >> 
>> >> If you need to update anything queued only on 'pu' but not yet in
>> >> 'next', it is customary to ...
>> >
>> > Actually I don't see anything like it in pu.
>> ... 
> Oh sorry, didn't mean to try to pressure you. I was just surprised
> not to see it there. I know this applies cleanly to next so I'll just
> wait for 2.0 to be out.

Oh, no.  No pressure felt and no need to be sorry about anything.

I described a preferred procedure when the topic appeared in 'pu',
and I didn't answer your question for topics that are not even in
'pu' yet.

Being in 'pu' and not in 'next' is not much different from not being
in 'pu', so the preferred procedure is to send out the entire series
(unless it is a large 47-patch series ;-) to give everybody another
chance to comment, and it would be extra nice if you indicated which
ones are unchanged since the previous round to help those who did
already saw them.

Thanks.