Subject: Re: [PATCH] docs: fix git stash grammar

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2026 10:45:12 -0700

Quentin Bernet <[email-masked]> writes:

[administrivia] don't top post.

> I'm assuming "#leftoverbits" means "this is something that would be 
> nice, but which is for another time"
> And I'll leave the pleasure of implementing that to someone more 
> well-versed in C and git internals !
>
>
> Therefore my previous change (current status of the github PR) works, as 
> a reminder, here it is:
> ...
>
> diff --git a/Documentation/git-stash.adoc b/Documentation/git-stash.adoc
> ...
>   git stash clear
> ...
> Is there something else I should do ?

Without any additional effort on top of what we saw in the previous
patch, I am not sure if ...

>> ...  It would be sufficient to make sure the readers understand
>> that they may have to disambiguate pathspec with "--" like any other
>> command (like "git log foo" when you have both file "foo" and tag
>> "foo") in the description part.

... is already achieved.

Also, my earlier "if the log message said ..., we wouldn't be having
this long thread" comment still stands.

    https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Thanks.