Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/18] Support symbolic links on Windows

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2025 09:00:01 +0900

"Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]>
writes:

> This finally upstreams Git for Windows' support for Windows' branch of
> symbolic links, which has been maturing since 2015. It is based off of
> js/prep-symlink-windows.

The three topics taken together touch 19 paths in total, about a
half of which are t/ test files.

I've read the changes to generic parts (i.e., outside compat/) and
saw nothing questionable.  Very nicely done.

Thanks.

 apply.c                             |   2 +-
 compat/mingw-posix.h                |   6 +-
 compat/mingw.c                      | 667 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 compat/win32.h                      |   6 +-
 compat/win32/dirent.c               |   5 +-
 environment.c                       |   4 +-
 environment.h                       |   2 +
 lockfile.c                          |   4 +-
 read-cache.c                        |  11 +
 setup.c                             |   2 +-
 strbuf.c                            |  10 +-
 t/t0001-init.sh                     |   6 +-
 t/t0301-credential-cache.sh         |   3 +-
 t/t0600-reffiles-backend.sh         |   2 +-
 t/t1006-cat-file.sh                 |  24 +-
 t/t1305-config-include.sh           |   4 +-
 t/t6423-merge-rename-directories.sh |   9 +-
 t/t7800-difftool.sh                 |   8 +-
 t/t9700/test.pl                     |   9 +-
 19 files changed, 585 insertions(+), 199 deletions(-)