Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/6] builtin/remote: rework how remote refs get renamed

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2025 09:43:59 -0700

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2025 at 12:15:42PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > The series is built on top of e4ef0485fd7 (The fourteenth batch,
>> > 2025-07-24) with ps/reflog-migrate-fixes at de7cc0782a7 (refs: fix
>> > invalid old object IDs when migrating reflogs, 2025-07-25) merged into
>> > it.
>> 
>> I'll use the newer iteration of the other topic that ends at
>> f0fde561 (refs: fix invalid old object IDs when migrating reflogs,
>> 2025-07-29) instead; that was what was used in the version in 'seen'.
>
> Okay, makes sense. I'll adapt my local base to match then.

Curious.  You had sent v3 but based your other topic on v2 and
expected the result will merge well?

>> > I'd normally have withheld sending until that series was merged to
>> > "next", but given that I promised to send something on Friday already I
>> > decided to just get it out. In any case, if that causes problems I'm
>> > happy to wait a bit before this series here gets merged into "seen".
>> 
>> Thanks, will try to include this in the batch of this evening.

Which has happened.
Thanks.