Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/4] Fix comma warnings with clang on Windows

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2025 16:51:38 -0700

Mike Hommey <[email-masked]> writes:

> Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/4] Fix comma warnings with clang on Windows

Common to all four patches, as "Fix" does not quite tell the story,
please choose more appropriate verb.  For example, judging from how
this was rewritten ...

> -	if ((oflags & ~O_CREAT) != (O_WRONLY | O_APPEND))
> -		return errno = ENOSYS, -1;
> +	if ((oflags & ~O_CREAT) != (O_WRONLY | O_APPEND)) {
> +		errno = ENOSYS;
> +		return -1;
> +	}

... the warning is a false positive (i.e. the code does what the
author intended it to do), so this is more like "squelching" the
warning.

I obviously like the style after this patch.  I just thought that
the proposed log message, especially its title, were not clear
enough to tell which ones are real fixes and which ones are
workarounds.

Thanks.