Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/4] Documentation/git-bundle.txt: promote --all for full backup

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2024 01:36:54 +0900

[email-masked] writes:

> The details are noted on the patches.
>
> Kristoffer Haugsbakk (4):
>   Documentation/git-bundle.txt: mention full backup example
>   Documentation/git-bundle.txt: remove old `--all` example
>   Documentation/git-bundle.txt: mention --all in spec. refs
>   Documentation/git-bundle.txt: discuss naïve backups

I gave them a cursory read and nothing stood out as iffy.  Looked
good.

One thing I wondered was, because it is not useful at all to take a
"backup" when the user does not know how to restore from the backup,
we may have to move things around to stress on _how_ the resulting
backup bundle(s) are used to restore the saved state.  I haven't
applied the patches to review these changes in wider context yet,
though.

Thanks.