Subject: Re: Bug with bash and OpenSSL usage on Windows

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2024 08:58:03 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've been wondering if we can somehow reduce the occurrence of such
> an issue in the first place.  Elaborating a bit more in the
> "Reporting bugs" section of the documentation landing page is
> probably the 0-th step, ...
> ...
> +respective packagers, not to the Git mailing list.  How to report
> +bugs in some sample binary packages are found here:
> +
> + Git for Windoes: https://github.com/git-for-windows/git
> + Ubuntu: https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/report-ubuntu-bug.html.en
> + Debian: https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting 

I forgot to mention that this weather-balloon patch was primarily to
show the shape of the documentation updates, and corrections to use
more appropriate URLs or additions for other binary distributors are
of course welcome.

Thanks.