Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/8] fast-import: tighten parsing of paths

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2024 07:52:18 -0700

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Regarding `Reviewed-by:`: that trailer doesn't mean that someone
>> merely read and commented on a patch. Instead, it's explicitly _given_
>> by a reviewer to indicate that the reviewer has thoroughly reviewed
>> the patch set and is confident that it is ready to be merged into the
>> project, at which point Junio typically adds the `Reviewed-by:`.

Just to clarify, "adds" means "cuts the reviewed-by lines written by
the reviewers in their review messages and pasts them into the
commit message, either amending the commits after the fact or while
applying them".  I do _not_ judge from the sideline the quality of
reviews given by others and say "yeah, that is an adequate review,
so I'll forge _their_ reviewed-by trailer".

> Anyway, I'm currently trying to make it a habit to pick up and review
> random patch series that didn't get any attention at all every once in a
> while, ...

I have noticed your effort and appreciated it very much.  I wish
there were many more others who do the same.  I of course have been
playing that role for some time as the final catch-all reviewer, but
a single person does not scale.

Thanks.